We all love that freshly laid carpet look and want to maintain it for as long as possible. With our useful carpet care tips you can prolong the life of your carpets.
- Vacuum regularly – at least once a week, more so if there’s high traffic. Dirt and dust are the main culprits for wear and tear and cause ‘traffic’ marks.
- Always take your shoes off at the front door. Any dust and dirt you’ve collected on the soles of your shoes, however clean they may look, will cause an impact to the appearance and health of your carpets and home. You wouldn’t want your little ones crawling along the pavements so don’t let your carpets carry the same germs.
- Clean up spots and spills promptly. Remove any excess and then blot the area using a clean white towel. Never use a coloured towel as this may cause colour transfer. Leave a clean white towel over the stain with something heavy on top so it can draw out any excess moisture.
- Never scrub a stain. By scrubbing you will fray the carpet fibres and cause permanent damage. You may well remove the spill/mark but your eye will forever be drawn to the area because of the fibres being affected.
- Stain remover products are found in all supermarkets and could be your first port of call. In the long run however they may not help the problem. If plain water doesn’t do the trick then be careful using any type of detergent or carpet shampoo. It could leave a sticky residue which will attract dirt making your carpet look worse!
- Regular maintenance is key! Call in the professionals. We recommend you should have your carpets cleaned every 6-12 months. Not only will it extend the life of your carpets you will also have a cleaner, healthier home.
- Protect your carpets. When having carpets professionally cleaned it is a good idea to have protection applied. The protection will make your carpets more resistant and any spots and spills will be easier to clean up.
We can help you maintain your carpets and upholstery. Give us a call today on 01268 772732 to book your free no obligation quote. Prolong the life of your carpets and keep your home healthy!
In the carpet cleaning industry you really do get what you pay for. Having a skilled and trained tradesman is worth it’s weight in gold.
It’s a self-regulated industry, which means that anyone can set themselves up in business and there is nobody there to check that they know what they are doing. So it’s always important to check that the company and it’s staff have gone to the effort of affiliating themselves with industry recognized associations. That way, you know that they have been audited, so simple things like ‘insurance’ is up-to-date, as well as training. Why spend thousands of pounds on carpets and furnishings and then entrust their cleaning to a person, just because they provided the cheapest quote? Always check a tradesman’s credentials and make sure they are skilled in their trade….it could save you a lot of hassle further down the line.
Here at Blossom Clean & Dry we take great pride in letting our clients know that their homes and businesses are in good hands and will gladly share with you the accreditations we’ve got. We are proudly members of the NCCA, Trustmark and the IICRC.
People often tell us that they thought it would cost ‘an arm and a leg’ to have their carpets cleaned professionally and are pleasantly surprised by our quotes and are happy with the fantastic the service they receive. Hiring/buying a carpet cleaning machine and doing it yourself can sound like a good idea but you would be amazed at how many times we come across the aftermath – soaked through carpets and sticky residues!
There are many factors to consider when thinking about cleaning your carpets yourself:
- Do you know what grade your carpet is?
- What type of carpet do you have?
- Can you be sure that the method you are going to use to clean your carpet is going to clean your carpet and not damage it?
- Are you sure you know enough about how to use the machinery properly to get the most out of it?
- How old is the machinery you intend to use and has it been properly maintained?
- Do you understand how much solution to put into the tank for the size and type of carpet you are cleaning?
Once you research thoroughly, hire the machinery and buy the solutions, is it really worth doing yourself? When you have professional carpet cleaning done you should be able to be guaranteed that all of those factors are a given. Blossom Clean & Dry can certainly guarantee that the service you are given is exceptional. Our technicians know all there is to know about carpets and upholstery. They know how to get the best results and can treat your furnishings properly. We do not soak your carpets (that would leave them smelling bad!) and when we leave, your carpets will be touch dry within a few hours.
The next time you plan on cleaning your carpets, think about calling us to get professional carpet cleaning. It will save you time and money in the long run!
Why not call us today on 01268 772732 to book a free quote appointment?!
When you first buy a new suite you have all the intentions on keeping it looking like new. Over time it can start to look a bit worn out. Let’s be fair, your upholstery takes a lot of sitting on!
A customer from Hockley thought that they might need to invest in a new armchair. It had become worn, particularly where your head leans on it. Fortunately they had been told about Blossom Clean & Dry and how effective our cleaning process was. They called us and our technician paid them a visit, offering them a free quote and some honest advice.
The armchair came up looking fantastic! Our customer was so pleased with the end result. Just when they thought that they would have to change their armchair, we got it looking great again.
Don’t leave it any longer, call us today. Don’t give up on your upholstery! There’s no need for you to know how to clean your upholstery, we can clean it.
Call us on 01268 772732.
There are many things to consider when thinking of having any commercial carpet cleaning done.
- Can the commercial carpet cleaning be completed out of hours?
- Are the solutions and products safe to use?
- Do they supply a comprehensive written quotation?
- Will I be given an honest opinion about spots and stains and what the restoration results will be?
- Are the technicians fully qualified and what are they doing to keep their skills up to date?
- Does the company have the correct level of public liability insurance?
- Has this business affiliated itself with industry recognized companies?
All these things matter and combined they ensure that the service, delivery and end results to the client are second to none.
This shop needed to have their carpets cleaned on a very specific day and at a set time.
It had heavy traffic throughout the store and was riddled with chewing gum….the technician stopped counting at 20! As you can see from the next photo, the carpet in front of the tills was brought up like new and all evidence of chewing gum removed.
The client was delighted with the results. More importantly, the process we use means that the carpet is dry in hours, so there was no fear of disruption to business the following day.
The carpet cleaning industry is ‘self regulated’, so choose your tradesman carefully. Any reputable carpet cleaning company will show evidence of training. It’s always best to check who they are affiliated with and who they might have been audited by.
Visit our page at http://www.blossomclean.co.uk for details on all our services, client testimonials and much more.