carpet cleaning tips
We all love that freshly laid carpet look and want to maintain it for as long as possible. With our useful carpet care tips you can prolong the life of your carpets.
- Vacuum regularly – at least once a week, more so if there’s high traffic. Dirt and dust are the main culprits for wear and tear and cause ‘traffic’ marks.
- Always take your shoes off at the front door. Any dust and dirt you’ve collected on the soles of your shoes, however clean they may look, will cause an impact to the appearance and health of your carpets and home. You wouldn’t want your little ones crawling along the pavements so don’t let your carpets carry the same germs.
- Clean up spots and spills promptly. Remove any excess and then blot the area using a clean white towel. Never use a coloured towel as this may cause colour transfer. Leave a clean white towel over the stain with something heavy on top so it can draw out any excess moisture.
- Never scrub a stain. By scrubbing you will fray the carpet fibres and cause permanent damage. You may well remove the spill/mark but your eye will forever be drawn to the area because of the fibres being affected.
- Stain remover products are found in all supermarkets and could be your first port of call. In the long run however they may not help the problem. If plain water doesn’t do the trick then be careful using any type of detergent or carpet shampoo. It could leave a sticky residue which will attract dirt making your carpet look worse!
- Regular maintenance is key! Call in the professionals. We recommend you should have your carpets cleaned every 6-12 months. Not only will it extend the life of your carpets you will also have a cleaner, healthier home.
- Protect your carpets. When having carpets professionally cleaned it is a good idea to have protection applied. The protection will make your carpets more resistant and any spots and spills will be easier to clean up.
We can help you maintain your carpets and upholstery. Give us a call today on 01268 772732 to book your free no obligation quote. Prolong the life of your carpets and keep your home healthy!